ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
April 19, 2023
The meeting was called to order at 11:26 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ernie Hain, Jim Goodman, John Bowron, Deb Warnke, Joe Koerner, Randy Kahl, Al Delacy, Gary Thomas, Ben Borgen, Ed Butler, Dave Warnke, Gary Oldenburg and Bobette Pronk.
GUESTS: Joe Kluck and Dennis Essler
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Report received.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $9,572.93 in the RMSS checking account. There is $1,543.87 in the designated account and $2,232.49 in the non-designated account.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
Bill Sutter was absent but one safety concern was brought up concerning one player who should only be used as a rover and should play with a mask. It was decided to fix the masks that we have on field two and four.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben Borgen reported that we took in $781.48 from the Pool Tournament. He has received 21 hats for new players. Also has some visors if anyone is interested in buying. He also reported he has 60 new Twins tickets.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Chuck Brand reported he has been passing out flyers and business cards.
Joe Koerner reported that Joe Kluck will be uploading most of the information on the website. Kent Bruinsma has agreed to take over entering the Facebook information and taking pictures.
1. AED-still waiting.
2. John Bowron will work on the mask replacements.
1. Sponsors have all paid now.
2. Asset List-John Bowron gave the list to Mike Ewen. Joe Koerner will put it in a spread sheet.
3. Jim Goodman reported that the Young Guns-RMSS game scheduled for April 23 has been set for July 22. Jim will follow up with a updated email.
1. Joe Koerner brought up the pitching screens after a ball went through one of the nets. Joe Kluck will look into new netting using our current frames.
2. The new balls are working fine so Randy Kahl will order two more cases of them.
3. Most managers for next session will stay the same with Jim Roth switching teams and Mike Weirst will be a new manager..
4. We talked about picnics and how many to have. It was decided to go with one after Session 2 and one after Session 4.
5. It was decided not to purchase two drag rakes for the fields.
6. Concerning changes to the Managers meeting before games, Mike will update the player process on the website.
7. Conduct issue – Board voted on conduct issue, details will be in the Conduct Folder in the Cloud.
Meeting adjourned at 12:38 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.