top of page



 McQuillan Field

July 18, 2022

The meeting was called to order at 11:32 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen. 

ROLL CALL Board Members: 

Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ben Borgen, John Bowron, Joe Koerner, Deb Warnke, Gary Thomas, Gary Oldenburg, Dave Warnke, Jim Goodman, Ernie Hain, Bill Gosse, Bill Sutter, Dave Zemke, Al Delacy and Bobette Pronk. 

GUESTS: Carrie Goodman 

SECRETARY’S REPORT:  The Secretary’s report for the June 16, 2022 meeting was accepted. 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $7,671.39 in the RMSS checking account. There is $2,062.39 in the Designated account and $3,378.56 in the Non-designated fund. Two outstanding bills from the picnic yet. Report accepted. 


Joe Koerner reported that Joe Kluck will be his backup. Deb Warnke thanked Peg Brand for photoshopping two of her players into their team picture to put on the website. Report accepted. 


Chuck Brand reported the picnic went very well. Next time Chuck or Gary will tell Charlies when everyone has been through the line so to make sure everyone gets some food. Report accepted. 


Ben reported he has six Twin tickets unspoken for yet. He has ordered the new banner which will amount to $125.00. Report accepted. 


Bill Sutter discussed the 10 defensive positions and where the four outfielders should be positioned and where a rover should be positioned when available. Bill will take to the Rules Committee and report back their decision. Also discussed a reminder that the home team use the third base dugout and the put the equipment away. A remember will be put on the website. It was decided after some discussion to leave the illegal pitch rule as is. Mike Ewen will send a email out about illegal pitches. Report accepted. 


1. Rec Center flyers-Chuck showed us two different flyers being considered. It will cost us $150 a year to have the sign hung in the Rec Center. Chuck also passed around a new business card they are looking at. Moving forward, not resolved. 

2. It was approved to have Gary Thomas make 50 coolies and sell to players. RMSS will cover the cost of materials. 


1. Talked about the picnic. Chuck and Gary reported it cost $8.25 a person to have it catered from Charlies. Charlies total came to $1,162.73, beverages $94.40. Total was $1,257.13 for the picnic. Plenty of beverages left over for the September picnic. 

2. Games on July 27 in Stewartville. Jim Goodman coordinating. Bob Horstmann will load up screens, softballs, etc after the July 25 game and take to Stewartville on July 27. 


1. Mike Ewen will send out a email recruiting audit team members and election committee members. 

2. Gary Oldenburg suggested we buy another chalker for field 2. The last one cost $264.00. Deb Warnke moved we order a new or used one, seconded by Bill Sutter. Motion approved. Funds will come from the non-designatd fund. Dave Zemke will handle. 

3. Gary Oldenburg also reported that he needs to purchase more barn lime. This purchase will also come out of the non-designated fund. It was approved to get more. 

4. Ernie reported that he has been asked if we can purchase a few visors. Ben Borgen will check into this. 

5. Games on July 25 need to start promptly at 9:30. Mike will send out a email concerning this. Meeting adjourned at 12:40 pm. Respectfully submitted electronically, Bobette Pronk RMSS Secretary Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.

Meeting adjourned at 12:40 pm. 

Respectfully submitted electronically, 

Bobette Pronk 

RMSS Secretary 

Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.


bottom of page