ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
July 07, 2021
The meeting was called to order at 11:15 am by President Randy Kahl.
Board Members: Randy Kahl, Chuck Brand, Gary Oldenburg, Dave Warnke, Bill Sutter, Tom
Kowalewski, Ben Borgen, Ernie Hain, John Bowron, Joe Koerner, Jim Goodman, Jim Cook, Bill Gosse,
Deb Warnke, Dave Zemke, Bill VonWald and Bobette Pronk.
Guests: Al DeLacy.
The Secretary’s report for the June 09, 2021 meeting was e-mailed prior
to the Board meeting for members to review. Motion made by Chuck Brand, seconded by Ben Borgen
and approved to accept the Secretary's Report.
Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $5,724.59 in the RMSS
checking account. There is $470.66 in the Designated account. One outstanding bill. Motion made by
Dave Warnke, seconded by Ben Borgen and carried to approve the treasurer's report.
Joe reported that the site is working good. He is working on the pictures on the website. Melissa Doe has shown an interest in getting our Facebook page running again.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Jim Cook reported on the picnic on July 14. He is getting 35 pizzas from Kwik Trip. We will also have
ice cream and anniversary cake. Matt Halleck will bring his sound system. Al DeLacy talked to Chuck
Sibley about covering our picnic for KTTC.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben Borgen reported that he has heard nothing from Chuck Sibley about playing a game at Soldiers Field.
Ben has 16 hats left and will keep them for now. He has requested 50 more Twins tickets. The September
11 tournament is coming together with out of state teams coming to play. He has placed an order for 14
jackets and hopefully will have by the picnic. It was talked about having the home run contest during the
picnic so people will stick around and watch.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
Bill Sutter reminded the Board about a couple rules that recently have come into play at games. One is if
you throw your glove at a batted ball and it hits the ball, three bases are allowed for each player on the
bases. The second is if a batted ball hits the runner on first base while off of the base they are out.
1. Jim Cook has advertisement flyers.
2. Replacement jerseys for Black's Auto are done and Ben will pick up. Motion by Al DeLacy, seconded
by John Bowron and approved to take funds out of the surplus funds to cover the cost of the jerseys.
1. Ernie reported we have 106 registered players with 10 being new players.
2. Ben reported there is a National Qualifier here August 20-22.
3. Motion made by Gary Oldenburg, seconded by Deb Warnke and approved to put donations made to
RMSS in the designated fund. Each donation will be evaluated separately.
4. Motion made by Bill Gosse, seconded by Chuck Brand and approved to order two cases of new
softballs. Also Dave Warnke will get and put on the RMSS bats new grips and submit his bill to Ernie.
5. John Bowron ordered the pad for the AED machine and is waiting to receive it. Al DeLacy has talked
to a Rochester Fireman about doing a CPR training. There were 10 people interested in doing the training.
It would be done at Station Two by Century High School.
6. July 21 games will be played in Stewartville. Gary Oldenburg will pick up the equipment and take to
7. During session two we had an average number of 11 players per game.
8. Everyone was reminded to tell the sponsors about the picnic July 14.
Next meeting is August 11.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 11:55 pm by John Bowron, seconded by Dave Zemke and approved.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League
Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your
comments and concerns.