ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
January 11, 2023
The meeting was called to order at 12:30 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ben Borgen, Ernie Hain, Jim Goodman, Gary Oldenburg, Randy Kahl, John Bowron, Dave Warnke, Deb Warnke, Dave Zemke, Al Delacy, and Bobette Pronk.
GUESTS: Joe Kluck, Chuck Sibley and Bill VonWald.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Report received.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $4,662.47 in the RMSS checking account. There is $1,562.39 in the designated account. Report received.
Joe Kluck reported that Ken Brunsma is now helping with the website.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Chuck Brand reported he hopes to get some stats from Joe Koerner concerning the banner at the Rec Center.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben reported the Dome Ball tournament is this week Jan 12-13. He has been in contact with the Graphic Designer at C&M for new logos, which were passed around to the Board. He reported that the new fences have arrived for the Dome. Ben will check with Mike Macken to see who and how much has been contributed for the new fences.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
No report, the committee is meeting in March.
1. Coolies will be discussed at the February meeting. No date for pool tournament.
2. Mike hasn't heard anything from Mike Podein about the AED.
3. Mike Ewen is working on the Lifetime Achievement Award requirements.
4. Mike Ewen is working on forming a Equipment Committee and a Picnic Committee.
5. First Aid kits need to be replenished-Mike Podein working on this.
1. Draft pool committee met before the November meeting and will meet again and get things finalized.
2. Pitching screen repairs. Gary Oldenburg repaired screen from Field 2 and it seems to be working fine. He will also fix screen from Field 4.
3. Position game/playoffs-no news.
1. Ernie presented the 2023 budget. $25.00 per player for fields will be the same as last year from Park and Rec. Dave Zemke will talk to Brad Tiedeken about splitting the cost of purchasing two field drag mats. 2023 Budget approved.
2. Audit Team Report-Neil Melquist sent a successful report to Mike.
3. Mike sent out the 2023 Schedule and 2023 Activity Calendar.
4. Sponsor fees will stay at $300.00 per sponsor.
5. Player fees will remain at $48 with no early signup. Board member fees will stay at $24.
6. Ben Boldt replied to Mike concerning field reservations.
7. Dave Zemke requested he needs someone to manage the first session for him.
Meeting adjourned at 1:37 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.