top of page



McQuillian Field

September 20, 2023

The meeting was called to order at 11:10 am by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.


Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Jim Goodman, John Bowron, Deb Warnke, Joe Koerner, Bill Sutter, Dave Warnke, Gary Thomas, Ben Borgen, Randy Kahl and Bobette Pronk.

GUESTS: Andrew Goodman

SECRETARY’S REPORT:  Report received


TREASURER’S REPORT:Mike Ewen reported in Ernie Hain's absence a balance of $7,687.74 in the RMSS checking account. There is $1,543.87 in the designated account. Report received.


Bill Sutter had nothing to report.


Ben Borgen reported he has requested more Twins tickets but not sure he will get them. Also reported our last batch of Twin tickets were all used.


Deb Warnke will check with Matt Halleck about using his PA system for the end of the year picnic. Picnic will consist of walking tacos and dishes to pass from players and spouses. Chuck Sibley will try to have a camera crew at the picnic. Alzheimer's Association will try to have a representative in attendance. Chuck Brand reported they will order more car door magnets.


Joe Koerner reported analytical things are staying about the same. He is working on the QR code.


1. Bobette Pronk reported that she has emailed the players who signed up to help at the RYFSA complex October 7-8. Ben will bring a couple banners to hang up for that weekend and players should wear RMSS apparel.


1. Pitching screens are all completed. Thanks was expressed to Gary Oldenburg and Joe Kluck for all their work on them.

2. Shirts need to be turned into managers the last game.

3. Board positions for 2024 have all been filled and their was only one person per position so no election needed.

4. Managers need to contact their sponsors about the picnic.

5. RMSS needs more managers. It was suggested possibly letting potential interested managers attend a draft to see how it operates.

6. Talked a little about the 11 inch balls. They will only be used in live games, not during practices prior to the games.


1. There was discussion on the number of teams for the last session. John Bowron has been tracking players, etc and will give the final report to Mike Ewen.

2. Jim Goodman along with information from Ben Borgen reported on the Dome status. Ben turned in 100 hours for the first go around and will turn in the second 100 hours when the time becomes available. Sounds like it will be going up. Jim signed a waiver for all the players to play in the Dome. When the players sign up they will sign a waiver that basically covers the waiver Jim signed.

Next meeting will be October 18.

Meeting adjourned at 12:17 pm.

Respectfully submitted electronically

Bobette Pronk,

RMSS Secretary

Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.

bottom of page