ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
September 21, 2022
The meeting was called to order at 11:55 am by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ben Borgen, Joe Koerner, Jim Goodman, Al Delacy, Randy Kahl and Bobette Pronk.
GUESTS: Andy Goodman
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The Secretary’s report for the August 24, 2022 meeting was accepted.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain was absent but via a email to Mike Ewen reported a balance of $7,671.39 in the RMSS checking account. There is $2,062.39 in the Designated account.
Joe Koerner reported that Joe Kluck is learning the website and working with Joe through somethings. Joe Koerner reported how many people look at our website. Report accepted.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Chuck Brand reported that Fast Signs can do a banner for $225 and it will cost $150 to hang it in the Rec Center. Mike Ewen will send out a email to the Board members to get approval to go ahead with the banner since their was not a quorum at the meeting. Report accepted.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben reported he has the trophies for the Lifetime Achievement awards. Tabled to a future meeting discussion on selecting future Lifetime Achievement members. Showed the new visors he had made and they will be selling for $15. Report accepted.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
1. Gary Thomas is wondering if coolies were needed right away and it was determined we do not need them until the pool tournament.
2. The large white banner is done.
3. Sponsors have been invited to the end of season picnic by managers.
4. Golf outing sign up continues until the end of the picnic.
5. Draft and manager meeting committee as been established with Jim Goodman as Chairman with Bill Gosse, John Bowron and Dave Warnke on the committee. They will give a report after the first of year.
6. Not sure if a representative of the ALS organization will be at the picnic or not. We will be honoring Dewey Petersen who has ALS.
1. Patrick will have Matt's sound system for the end of the season picnic. Memo will go out to clarify the Podein's helping with the picnic but not paying for the food. Thrivent will donate $250.00 for the picnic.
1. Will talk about Lifetime Achievement Awards next meeting.
2. Mark Podein will take charge of the First Aid Kits and the AED.
3. Ben will have raffle tickets at the picnic for the items that have been donated. Board members will help pass them out.
4. Chuck Brand asked that Black's get new jerseys for next year. Will talk about when we set our budget for the new year.
5. Jim Goodman talked about Dome ball and reported that he reached out to Michael at RCTC and got the normal response with Dome going up in November. Red Kettle donation on December 16.
Meeting adjourned at 12:40 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.