ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL

BOARD MEETING

Eagles Club

June 16, 2022


The meeting was called to order at 11:00 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.


ROLL CALL

Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ben Borgen, John Bowron, Joe Koerner, Deb Warnke, Gary Thomas, Gary Oldenburg, Dave Warnke, Jim Goodman, Ernie Hain,

Randy Kahl and Bobette Pronk.


GUESTS: Carrie Goodman


SECRETARY’S REPORT:  The Secretary’s report for the May 11, 2022 meeting was accepted.


TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $7,176.229 in the RMSS checking account. There is $2,062.39 in the Designated account and $2,873.56 in the Non-designated fun. One outstanding check for barn lime yet. Report accepted.


WEBSITE REPORT:

Joe Koerner reported that Chuck and Peg Brand are working on pictures for the website with him. The schedule for this session will not be revised. Report accepted.


PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:

Chuck Brand and Gary Thomas had nothing to report.


SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT

Ben reported on helping clean out Duane Peterson's house. From expenses incurred from hauling things to the dump and recycling center there was $260.00 left over and Duane insisted that be put into the checking account to be used for the picnic. There was a proposal to possibly charter a bus and take a few ball players who would want to go and Duane up to a Twins game. Ben will talk to Matt on what kind of costs we are looking at. Ben changed the orders for new hats from 10 to 15. Tony Speltz will buy pizzas for June 27. The banner hanging by the entrance to McQuillan looks in poor shape so Randy Kahl proposed getting a new banner. Report accepted.


SAFETY & RULES REPORT

Bill Sutter was absent but there was discussion on how many outfielders and how many rovers. It was decided to stay with four outfielders and one rover. Report accepted.


ACTION ITEMS:

1. Rec Center flyers-Chuck meeting with Rec Leader on Friday. Moving forward, not resolved.

2. Randy Kahl ordered two cases of softballs, done.

3. Ben Borgen ordered 15 new hats, done.

4. Gary Thomas has enough material for 50 more coolies. RMSS will reimburse him for the material.


OLD BUSINESS:

None


NEW BUSINESS:

1. Discussed the July 13 picnic and naming it after Duane Peterson who is contributing $260 towards it. Expect around 120 people. Chuck and Gary will figure out the menu and get back to the Board.


2. Jim Goodman will coordinate getting the equipment to Stewartville for our July 27  games.


3. RMSS sponsor contacts should contact the sponsors for our July 13 picnic.


4. There was a proposal to change the material used in our pitching screens to better see  through them. After discussion, it was decided to leave the pitching screens as they are.  Maybe redesign the current netting when needed.


5. There was some discussion on runners for batters. As the rule states one runner per  inning for a batter. Mike Ewen will send a email to all the players reminding them.


6. Jim Goodman reported he will be missing several games and will ask Craig Anderson  to manage for him. On July 11 draft day he will be traveling and can participate to a  point so Gary Thomas agreed to help him out.


7. Randy Kahl sent around a flyer for Miracle Field as a possible future charity.


8. Ernie Hain bought up that some of the score boards need repair. It was also discussed  that some of the league bats need the grips repaired. One field only has one bat so John  Bowron has extra field bats and will bring one for that field. There should always be two  bats on every field.


Meeting adjourned at 12:29 pm.



Respectfully submitted electronically,

Bobette Pronk

RMSS Secretary


Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.