ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
June 09, 2021
The meeting was called to order at 11:00 am by President Randy Kahl.
Board Members: Randy Kahl, Chuck Brand, Gary Oldenburg, Dave Warnke, Bill Sutter, Tom Kowalewski, Ben Borgen, Ernie Hain, John Bowron, Joe Koerner, Jim Goodman, Jim Cook, Bill Gosse
and Bobette Pronk.
Guests: Bill Miller, Bruce Schmoll and Al DeLacy.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The Secretary’s report for the May 12, 2021 meeting was e-mailed prior to the Board meeting for members to review. Motion made by Jim Cook, seconded by Ben Borgen and
approved to accept the Secretary's Report.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $4,632.69 in the RMSS checking account. There is $470.66 in the Designated account. Motion made by Jim Goodman, seconded
by Ben Borgen and carried to approve the treasurer's report.
Randy will check on the emails that come to RMSS and Joe will back him up. Website is up and running.
A thank you was given to Joe for all his work. Emergency contacts for the players will be printed out and put in the locked box at the field.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Jim Cook reported new business cards have been ordered. We will have pizza after our second session.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben Borgen reported nothing new on the jackets. Ben sent a note to Chuck Sibley but hasn't heard back yet. No update on dart and pool tournaments. Ben reported he will have 50 tickets for this Sunday's Twins game. Its possible we will be able to receive around 500 tickets this year.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
Bill Sutter read the rule on interference because at one of the games there was a discussion. If the ball goes off the pitcher you can still call interference if the second baseman was interfered with. If the second
baseman has a legitimate play on the ball, the runner from first is called out for interference. The ball is dead at the moment of interference and the batter-runner is placed at first base (provided the interference was not intentional; if intentional, both runner and batter-runner are declared out). However, if the umpire rules that the second baseman does not have a legitimate play on the ball (ie, the second baseman was
merely moving in the direction of a loose ball), then obstruction is called.
1. Talked about our group picture. Ben will check with Chuck Sibley to see if he could take our picture with a drone.
1. Ben Borgen read a note from Doug Johnson thanking RMSS for everything they do and how he enjoyed playing Dome Ball. He also included a check to RMSS for $1,000. A motion was made by Chuck
Brand to give him a hat and jacket. Seconded by Jim Goodman and approved.
3. Motion by Ernie Hain, seconded by Bill Gosse to purchase new pads for the AED machine. Motion carried.
4. Coaches need a new directory of players.
5. Draft for the third session will take place July 7. Next session Edward Jones and C&M will sit out.
6. Chuck Brand reported he is short three jerseys. Ben will check on how many for new orders to see if we can get more.
7. July 21 game will be played in Stewartville.
8. Congratulations was expressed to Jim Goodman and Edward Jones for winning the first session.
Next meeting July 7 at 11:30 pm. Place will depend on the weather.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 11:30 pm by Bill Gosse, seconded by Chuck Brand and approved.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.