ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
April 19, 2023
The meeting was called to order at 12:06 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ernie Hain, Jim Goodman, John Bowron, Deb Warnke, Joe Koerner, Randy Kahl, Al Delacy, Gary Thomas, Ben Borgen, Bill Sutter and
GUESTS: Tom Kowalewski
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Report received.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $11,073.03 in the RMSS checking account. There is $762.39 in the designated account and $623.49 in the non-designated account.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
Bill Sutter reported two rule changes. One is if a pinch runner or runner is on base when his turn to bat comes up, he can be replaced by another runner. The second is when playing with 10 players, three outfielders need to be behind the light poles and the rover can move in on their side of second base. When playing with 11 players, the four outfielders need to be behind the light poles and the rover can be anywhere. He suggested that Managers sit down and read all the rules. Mike Ewen will call Lois Douglas to let her know she can't catch but can bat. Tom will call
Tony to inform him he needs to wear a mask or cannot play..
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben Borgen reported that April 20-24 is all set for the D&R pool tournament. He reported all
Twin tickets he has received have been spoken for. He expects to get the June ones soon.
Between Gary Thomas and Al Delacy's wife, 52 coolies are ready to be sold at the D&R pool
tournament. Has ordered several items from C&M and is waiting to receive them.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Chuck Brand reported cards and flyers are avilable.
Joe Koerner reported he has a link from the RMSS website to Facebook and is looking for someone that is on Facebook to upload things. He has added a page to the website called Scan Me so when you use the QR code it senses usage.
1. AED-Mark Podein says that Stewartville has not received their new ones yet so we are still waiting. Mark will update the First Aid kits.
2. Not sure if pitching screen on field 4 has been repaired yet.
3. Randy Kahl reported he has purchased a dozen new balls. If they work out will order more.
He will also get a dozen of the black stitch balls to try them out. They are cheaper than the other ones.
4. Spring training games are up in the air with the weather we have been having. Will practice Monday, April 24 and Wednesday, April 26 weather permitting.
1. Sponsor commitment fees-Eagles and C&M have not sent their money yet.
2. So far we have 106 players signed up. We are planning on eight teams. Six of the regular
managers will be back. Jim Roth will manage Session 1 for Dave Zemke. Al Delacy will be the other manager to bring the total to eight. Executive Board approved Al as a manager.
3. Media and recruitment plan-Chuck has card and flyers. Chuck reported that Allegro overcharged for the cards and flyers and he is working on getting a refund.
4. Asset List-Mike sent it to John Bowron and Gary Oldenburg. It was decided to give the seven old bats to Bill Beaupre to sell.
5. Jim Goodman reported that Young Guns-RMSS game scheduled for April 23 will be rescheduled after the weather gets nicer.
No new business.
Meeting adjourned at 1:22 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.