ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
April 13, 2022
The meeting was called to order at 12:15 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Bill Sutter, Ben Borgen, John Bowron, Joe Koerner, Deb Warnke, Gary Thomas, Gary Oldenburg, Dave Zemke, Dave Warnke, Jim Goodman, Tom Kowalewski, Bill Gosse, Ernie Hain, Al Delacy, Bill VonWald and Bobette Pronk.
GUESTS: Bill Beaupre and Bill Miller.
Decided to follow Parliamentary Procedures and leave our bylaws as is and modify, if needed, as we go.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The Secretary’s report for the February 28, 2022 meeting was approved.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $7,772.61 in the RMSS checking account. There is $1270.66 in the Designated account. All eight sponsors have paid. Report approved.
Joe Koerner reported that he is working on switching to the summer format. Joe gave several numbers of inquiries that have been made on our website. He is looking for someone to be his backup. Schedules will be posted when ready. Report approved.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Gary Thomas reported that he feels people are noticing our banners, etc. Report approved.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben Borgen reported that Deb Warnke and Bill Gosse have now received their new jerseys. The D&R pool tournament is April 28-29 and needs volunteers to work shifts starting at 8:00. He has ordered 220 Twin tickets for weekends. Tournament at the Dome went well. Two new jackets are on back order. Staying with the three banners for the fields at McQuillan. Report approved.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
Bill Sutter reported his committee met in March. Recommended one change. Once a runners foot touches the ground on or past the line, the runner is committed to advance to the scoring line and can no longer be tagged out. Games should start promptly at 9:30. Players should not take more than 10 swings in warm ups. Report approved.
1. Banners – Banners at Graham Arena too pricey. $150 a year for one at Rec Center. Chuck will work with Ben to get one ordered to put up at the Rec Center.
2. Team managers for 2022. Bill Gosse, Deb Warnke, Dave Warnke, Dave Zemke, Chuck Brand, Jim Goodman will do it again. Ben Borgen and Al Delacy will co-manage and Bill VonWald will manage if we need to go to more than six teams. Approved
3. Shirt, hat and banner order – might need more hats, will wait to see how many new people we get.
4. Sponsor fees collected – all have paid.
5.Two more signup dates were approved. Ernie Hain and Jim Goodman will man one Monday, April 18, 10:00-11:00 at Charlies. Mike Ewen and Gary Oldenburg will man another one Wednesday, April 20, 3:00-4:00 at Eagles.
1. Discussed number of teams/players needed. If we have 14 players per team and have 84 registered players, need seven teams. If we have 96 registered players, need eight teams.
2. Dave Zemke is handling getting the chalk for the summer.
3. Game day field checker – Mike will contact Scott Hanson to see if will do it again.
4. We need to purchase a couple new magnetic boards. Mike will check into them.
Meeting adjourned at 1:47 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.