ROCHESTER MINNESOTA SENIOR SOFTBALL
October 19, 2022
The meeting was called to order at 12:05 pm by League Coordinator Mike Ewen.
Board Members: Mike Ewen, Chuck Brand, Ben Borgen, Ernie Hain, Jim Goodman, Gary Oldenburg, Randy Kahl, John Bowron, Gary Thomas, Dave Warnke, Bill Beaupre and Bobette Pronk.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The Secretary’s report for the September 21, 2022 meeting was received.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Ernie Hain reported a balance of $5,908.04 in the RMSS checking account. There is $1,562.39 in the designated account and $3,227.57 in the non-designated account. Report received.
PUBLIC RELATIONS REPORT:
Chuck reported that he and Gary Thomas put the banner up in the Rec Center. The placement is good for one year. Report received.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT REPORT
Ben reported he has been trying to get ahold of Duane Petersen's sister to deliver the banner from the picnic for the ALS fund raiser. The Lifetime Achievement Awards came to $85 a piece. He has four new hats left. Looking into Trophy Store for ordering future hats. Sue Murray's memorial was sent. He reported he sent a note to Mike Sheggeby about when the Dome will go up. Report received.
SAFETY & RULES REPORT
1. Ben had a new banner done to replace the one stolen at McQuillan.
2. It was decided that the coolies will not be needed until next year.
3. Draft and managers committee will consist of Jim Goodman as Chairman, Dave Warnke, John Bowron and Bill Gosse.
4. Mark Podein is working on getting another AED for us through the Stewartville Fire Dept.
1. Picnic: Mike Ewen sent out a email that we gave $500 to ALS. Picnic came in under budget. In the future, cash donations for charity should go through our treasurer's account. Mike Ewen made a motion, Gary Oldenburg seconded and passed that we change our bylaws so that we can give cash directly to a charity.
1. We gave three Lifetime Achievement Awards at the end of the year picnic. Budget was for $200. They were $85 a piece this year. Mike Ewen will write up a process for future awards.
2. Need to have two AED's for our games. One needs to be on field 2. We need to look at our first aid budget for next year. Mark Podein will take charge of the AED's.
3. We reviewed the 2022 attendance records that John Bowron had provided. Will do same thing next year. We had 140 total.
4. Pitching screens need to be checked and repaired. It was decided we need a committee to check on equipment.
5. Bob Conway has said he would buy a bat to be used by senior softball. We have two new bats. Need to put in the budget for next year to purchase bats.
Meeting adjourned at 1:20 pm.
Respectfully submitted electronically,
Any comments or concerns regarding these minutes should be directed to the League Coordinator. You are also encouraged to attend the RMSS board meetings to voice your comments and concerns.